Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WHAT I DID followed by WHAT NOT TO EXPECT FROM PERTH TEST

What I did on the 6th which I do not hope to repeat on 18th, 19th or 20th

1) Switched off my TV set in disgust as soon as Ishant Sharma was convinced that he was out (Could not bear to see the Australians wildly celebrating a tainted win)

2) Sulked in despair throughout the day as the reality sunk in that a golden opportunity to keep the series at 1-0 was lost

3) In spite of being a cricket writer whose livelihood depends on writing and AV work, hoped for Board to take a strong view on the continuance of the tour after Harbhajan was ‘banned’.

4) Temporarily stopped admiring Australians for their tough play as they equaled their record.

5) Allowed rough decisions in the match to dominate my life for a few days. I will be watching at least 100 more Tests involving India in next ten years, so one test should not matter that much.

Meanwhile, Kumble has won the toss and elected to bat. Below is a story on what not to expect from Perth Test, written yesterday night.

No comments: